12/9/16

The AR-15 Build Philosophy

So I've been wanting an AR-15 style of rifle for a long time now. With all these modern manufacturers making all sorts of parts and pieces, I've decided to build my AR from scratch.

I want a build that is relatively light (under 7 pounds), accurate to 1-2 MOA with match grade ammo, and capable enough to be competitive in casual competition (though that is mostly a pipe dream), all for as close to $2000 as I can get. My reasoning for building instead of buying is simply to have as much control over what goes into the build and to have as little waste as possible. There are plenty of manufacturers in that price range that make excellent firearms, but for me, I want to try my hand at bringing together what I think will be the best combination of parts for this build.

Again, this is a long term process. At the moment, I'm thinking that I will be buying parts mostly twice a year during the winter sale season and the summer sale season. Hopefully that equates to a finished firearm in about 2-3 years time.

Next, I will post the items that I have purchased during the 2016 Black Friday sales. It isn't much, but it's a start.

'Till next time.


-AA

No comments:

Post a Comment